○ Event: The 15th Annual Korea Queer Festival 2014
○ Program: Queer Parade, After Parties, Korea Queer Film Festival, Exhibitions
○ Organizers: KQCF(Korea Queer Culture Festival)
○ Slogan: Love Conquers Hate
The 15th Annual Korea Queer Festival 2014 believes that everyone who lives in this society has to be respected as an individual and that no one has the right to hate or suppress anyone else. We also assert that no one should be hated or excluded because of their sexuality. Together with the slogan ‘Love Conquers Hate’, which is the name of the campaign spreading throughout the world against Russia's anti-gay discrimination, the festival wishes to protest against the oppression of LGBT people in Russia and Korea, and show support and solidarity within the LGBT community.
1. Pride Parade
- When: June 7th, 2014 from 12:00PM-6:00PM
- Where: Sinchon Yonsei-ro, Seoul
- Content: Event Booths, Opening Ceremony, Pride Parade(4:30PM~5:30PM), Closing Ceremony, Exhibitions etc.
- How to Join: Pride parade is open for everyone. There is no fee or requirement for participation. But, please register at the registration booth by 4pm to be part of the parade.
- Instructions for Press: Interviews and video recordings by the press to be used for broadcasting, magazines, newspapers, and webzines are only available after being issued press cards. Video recordings will not be allowed without prior consultation.
2. After Parties
(1) Retro-style Party ‘Reply 2000’
-When: June 7th, 2014 from 8PM- 5AM
-Where: Club BABYLON in Itaewon
-Cover: 15,000 WON(1 free Drink, 13,000 WON if you buy it at the Parade Booth)
Korea Queer Pride began in 2000. This will be a retro-style party to commemorate the beginning and to remember the beautiful and meaningful memories we have had. Dance music from 2000 will be played and the dress code is ‘retro-style’.
(2) Non-alcohol party ‘Laugh Out Loud(LOL)’
-When: June 7th, 2014 from 4:40PM-9PM
-Where: Bar FLY in Sinchon
-Cover: 8,000WON(1 free Drink)
The concept of this party is ‘Angel and Devil’ and will be a non-alcoholic party for all ages. Dress code is ‘White & Red’ or ‘Black & Red’.
3. Korea Queer Film Festival
-When: June 12th-15th, 2014
-Where: Sungmisan Theater (Mapogu, Seoul)
-Content: About 30 queer films including animations, documentaries and experimental films will be screened.
○ For additional information please visit:
- Official Homepage: www.kqcf.org
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/kqcf2000 / Twitter: www.twitter.com/kqcf